The Parents' Guild of Villa Joseph Marie exists to provide a positive liaison between the parents and the school. The goal of the Parents' Guild is to enrich and enhance the school environment through activities and events that promote school spirit. Every parent is a member of the Parents' Guild.
All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend the monthly meetings, which provide an opportunity to meet fellow parents, acquire information on school issues and activities, and become involved in your daughter's school. Meetings are generally held on the first Wednesday from October to May and are posted at right.
For more information about the Parents' Guild and its activities, please explore the tabs below. We look forward to meeting you and working together to make our daughters' Villa experience the best it can be!
- Volunteering with the Parents' Guild
- Parents' Guild Committees
- Parents' Guild Executive Board
- Fathers' Club
- Mother-Daughter Tea
- Golf Outing
The Parents' Guild is involved with many activities during the school year. We rely on current Parents' Guild committee members and volunteers to help organize and work all of the events sponsored by the Parents' Guild as well as other school-sponsored activities.
If you are interested in volunteering for Guild-sponsored events, please complete the Interest Form and return it to school or bring it with you to the next Guild meeting.
Important Note: For the safety of our students, all parent volunteers who will have direct contact with students must acquire certain clearances before being permitted to volunteer at Villa Joseph Marie. Please see Volunteer Clearances for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the Parents' Guild, please contact the Parents’ Guild at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Campus Store is operated by the Parents’ Guild and offers many items to show your Villa Spirit. Profits from the store are used to support a variety of events for our Villa girls throughout the year. The Campus Store is open during lunch hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and during some special events. Volunteering in the store is a fun and easy way to support our Villa community without requiring a big commitment.
The Campus Store Committee is responsible for the sales and purchases of items for the Campus Store, inventory, ordering, and finances related to the Campus Store. Committee members will coordinate preorder sales for incoming Freshmen and special orders at any time deemed necessary. They also provide coverage for hours of operation during school and at Guild or special school events (e.g., Back-to-School Night, Open Houses, General Membership meetings, etc).
The Hospitality Committee is responsible for planning, purchasing, and serving baked goods and refreshments at Parents’ Guild General Membership meetings and certain school-sponsored events, such as Back-to-School Night and Open Houses.
Ways and Means
The Ways and Means Committee coordinates the sign-in/attendance list at all Guild General Membership meetings, in partnership with Class Representatives. The committee is also responsible for running the 50/50 raffle, attendance raffle, and additional seasonal raffles at the General Membership meetings. Committee members provide information to the Executive Board at monthly meetings and an annual summary report in electronic format regarding meeting attendance and raffle proceeds.
Special Note: We are looking for donations of items that can be used for raffles throughout the year. Please contact us if your company can donate an item that you make or sell (cosmetics), or if you have your own business (jewelry, household, gift card) or a hobby or talent (homemade crafts). These would make wonderful items to raffle off at our meetings.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these committees, please contact the Parents' Guild at email@example.com.
In the spring, the Parents' Guild looks for volunteers to fill Executive Board positions of the Parents’ Guild for the following year. It is most rewarding to serve on the Board as an Officer or Committee Member. You can make a difference in your daughter’s experience at Villa, meet new friends, and interact directly with school administration.
The Parents' Guild of Villa Joseph Marie exists to foster, promote, and encourage the social, financial, and educational activities of Villa and to foster communication between the school and parents. Our goal is to engage the parent community in becoming involved in Parents’ Guild-sponsored initiatives and events to enrich and enhance the school environment through social activities and fundraising events that promote school spirit.
If you are interested in a particular position, please reach out to that Officer or Committee Member during the year at one of the meetings. In March, we will begin the process of accepting nominations for new Officers and Committee Members for the 2018-2019 school year. Elections will take place prior to the May meeting. Look for the sign-up sheets at the monthly Parents’ Guild General Meetings or contact Anita Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officers of the Guild
The President shall:
- Preside at all meetings and is an ex-officio member of all committees of the Guild.
- Plan the agenda for each Executive Board and General Membership meeting.
- Assist each Officer to carry out his/her responsibilities.
- Communicate with the School President and School Principal to assure information of mutual interest is conveyed.
- Sign checks in the absence of the Treasurer.
- Review all correspondence being sent out on behalf of the Guild via mail, email, or website.
The First Vice President shall:
- Fulfill Presidential duties in the absence of the President.
- Liaison between the Guild and Main Office for all mailing requests.
- Coordinate all fundraising activities of the Guild.
- Coordinate all electronic media information.
- Coordinate the processing and distribution of the Student/Parent Directory.
- Share the responsibility for coordinating all Guild Membership meetings (e.g., arranging events, speakers, etc.).
The Second Vice President shall:
- Fulfill Presidential duties in the absence of the President and First Vice President.
- Coordinate all Class Representative Committees and all student spirit days or special student event days.
- Assist the First Vice President with the responsibility for coordinating all Guild Membership meetings (e.g., arranging events, speakers, etc.).
The Recording Secretary shall:
- Keep all records of the Guild.
- Record all minutes of meetings of the Guild, and provide the minutes of the previous meeting in advance of the monthly Executive Board meeting in electronic format.
- Keep a signed and dated copy of the Constitution and By-Laws in a file and add amendments as they are voted upon by Guild Executive Board and approved by the School President and School Principal.
- Keep a current continuous list of all approved actions or motions of the Guild in the minutes file for reference.
- Be responsible for collecting a written and electronic report at the end of each committee event.
The Corresponding Secretary shall:
- Send notices for all General Membership and Executive Board meetings and conducts all necessary correspondence for the Guild, including communications with the membership at large and with the Executive Board in both written and electronic format.
The Treasurer shall:
- Receive all funds due to the Guild and deposit same in a designated depository.
- Act as custodian of funds and perform all banking activities of the Guild.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide for payment of all bills and obligations of the Guild.
- Provide a written and oral financial report of the receipts and expenditures at each Executive Board meeting and summary report to the membership each month.
- Provide Newsletter Editor with a summary of revenue and expenditures for each newsletter.
- Prepare an annual budget to be reviewed with the Board at the August Planning meeting.
- Provide a detailed budget for each committee and activity.
- Review budget with committee at kick-off meeting for each event.
- Review all invoices and receipts submitted for payment reimbursement to ensure each request is in compliance with Guild policies.
- Pay all bills and disburse funds as authorized by the Executive Board.
- Submit all requested/required financial information to the School Business Manager, as needed.
The Assistant Treasurer shall:
- Fulfill Treasurer’s duties in the absence of the Treasurer.
- Attend fundraising events, such as the Mother-Daughter Tea and Golf Outing, to assist with finances .
- Assist Campus Store finance functions.
- Work under the supervision of and assist the Treasurer in receiving and processing funds due the Guild.
- Freshman Committee Representatives coordinate the December Guild Christmas meeting.
- Sophomore Committee Representatives coordinate and serve as active members of Mother-Daughter Tea Committee and coordinate the May Senior/Alumnae Tribute Dinner meeting.
- Junior Committee Representatives coordinate Baccalaureate Dinner and assist the incoming President with coordination and implementation of Graduation, including attending the event.
- Senior Committee Representatives coordinate Ring Day and the Father/Daughter Dance Senior Photo Presentation.
- Alumnae Committee Representatives coordinate Back-to-School Night hospitality coverage and the Alumnae Yearbook Party (evening prior to Thanksgiving Day).
All Parent Guild Board members (Officers and Committee Members) are required to attend all Executive Board and General Membership meetings.
The members of the Villa Joseph Marie Fathers’ Club work in distinctive ways to support their daughters’ education and social development, and to provide assistance for projects in and around the school. As an organization, we believe that fathers play an important and unique role in their daughters’ lives, especially during the high school years. Membership in the Fathers’ Club is just one way in which we show our love and our commitment to them during this time. The Fathers’ Club is always interested in new members and in new ideas. Our membership is open to dads, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, or any adult male figure who serves as a vital male role model to any one of our students.
The Fathers’ Club is involved in many facets of the girls’ experiences here at Villa. Fundraising events that we are heavily involved in allow us to continue to support Villa’s mission each year. Social events are a way to interact and connect with other groups within the Villa community. One of the most important facets that we are involved in is providing our time for our girls. The Fathers’ Club provides supervision (security) for many of the events that occur throughout the school year, and the fathers are always willing to give even more of their time whenever the need arises for any special projects or events.
We help in other ways at the school as well, such as parking cars at events; assisting with set construction, if needed for the school productions; and cleaning up after dances and other school functions.
Become involved at the level that your time and talents allow but become involved! Being a part of the Fathers’ Club is a great way to make new friends and to build lasting memories of your daughter’s time here at Villa. For more information, please contact VJMfathersclub@vjmhs.org.
A Villa tradition for more than four decades, the Mother-Daughter Tea is our largest fundraiser and is held every October. This event is hosted by the Sophomore parents and includes a tribute to Senior moms; a fashion show featuring the latest in formal attire, modeled by members of the Sophomore Class; as well as an opportunity to win many beautiful gift baskets and fabulous raffle items.
Freshman Parents: Beginning in November of your Freshman year, we begin the process of building the leadership team to coordinate all responsibilities of the Tea. Check "This Week at Villa" for important sign-up information for all of the various committees required to run this successful event. In order for a Sophomore student to model in the 2019 Mother-Daughter Tea fashion show, her parent or guardian must become an active member of a Tea committee as a Sophomore parent. Please contact Anita Wagner at email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a Chairperson of the Mother-Daughter Tea.
Every year, on the first Monday in May, the Guild hosts the Annual Golf Outing, our spring fundraiser. The day consists of lunch, 18 holes of golf, cocktail hour, hors' d'oeuvres, and dinner. There are hole-in-one and driving contests that test your skill and offer you the chance to win prizes, cash, and even a car!
We are in need of volunteers to help with the ad book, golfer attendance, and procurement of sponsorships and gift donations, or to help out on the day of the event. Planning meetings start the end of September. Contact VJMfathersclub@vjmhs.org to be part of this fun event.