Canvas Login: https://vjmhs.instructure.com/login/canvas
New parent access will be activated in the beginning of October.
- Parent Observer Accounts
- Parent Account Creation
- What Can Parents View in Canvas as an Observer?
- Too Many Canvas Notifications?
- Get the Free Canvas Parent App
- Printable Instructions
Parents can sign up as an observer in Canvas. Observers can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment due dates, announcements, and other course content. Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course.
- Follow the instructions below for creating a Canvas Observer account for parents.
- Please note that parents need to keep track of their own email and password they provide, as these will serve as the login credentials. Villa does not have a record of logins and passwords.
Follow these directions for creating a Parent Observer account.
1. Using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (Canvas recommendations), browse to vjmhs.org > Parents > Canvas
2. Click the Canvas Login link to LAUNCH CANVAS. register for A Free parent account By CLICKING THE LINK IN THE upper right hand corner.
3. Enter the following information:
Your daughter(s) has to generate the pairing code from her own account. She will need to follow these directions provided by Canvas:
4. ADD ANOTHER STUDENT (IF NECESSARY).
The best place to add another daughter to your Observer account is through the web browser account, not the app.
- After logging in, once you have a pairing code from your second daughter, click Account, then Settings, then Observing.
- You'll see a +Student button, and a place to enter the second pairing code. After the second pairing code is entered, you will see both of your daughters listed.