ImPACT: Immediate Post-concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing
The Comprehensive Concussion Education Program Team is dedicated to educate our student athletes, parents, and coaches on the most current concussion information that is available, to make smarter, safer, return-to-play decisions. Baseline testing can be a helpful tool to assist a healthcare provider with diagnosing a concussion and determining a safe return to play.
With these two concepts in mind, the Team is made up of members of the medical, educational, and athletic communities. The core of the Team is to be the certified Athletic Trainer, who also is the on-site coordinator; the Trauma Prevention Coordinator of the local hospital; and a member of the local BrainSTEPS Team. Together the core of the Team will enlist the help of other professionals to provide the most current concussion education and the most clinically reliable baseline testing possible.
Testing will be offered only to those planning on participating in the SPRING season in VJM’s library on the following dates:
- Session 1: Monday, February 26 at 2:45pm and 3:15pm in the library
- Session 2: Tuesday, February 27 at 2:45pm and 3:15pm in the library
- Use the Sign Up Genius link provided below to schedule your appointment:
- Walk-ins will be accommodated only if computers are available
- No prospective student-athlete may participate in tryouts/practices until ImPACT testing has been completed—NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.