Retreats are offered each year for all members of the Villa community in order to intentionally focus on community, prayer, service, and spirituality. Designed to be a space for reflection, peace, and unity among peers, retreats are a graduation requirement.
- Faculty and Staff Retreat: August 29, 2017
- Freshman Retreat: August 31, 2017
- Sophomore Retreat: October 30, 2017, and November 14, 2017
- Junior Retreat: February 9, 2018 (Please fill out FamilyID for this retreat.)
- Senior Retreats:
- Wednesday, October 23, 2017, to Friday, October 25, 2017
- Monday, January 22, 2018, to Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Vespers: Wednesday, March 28-29, 2018
Take time out of your busy day at school to be still during the Pause Retreat. Come to the Chapel during any free time between 7:15 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., and find a peaceful moment of silence, reflection, gratitude, prayer, or creativity. The Pause Retreat will serve both to de-stress from being a busy student and to allow for deepening of your spiritual life. Snacks, peaceful music, art supplies, and reflection materials will be provided.
- October 10, 2017, all day in the Chapel
- December 12, 2017, all day in the Chapel
- February 20, 2018, all day in the Chapel
- May 15, 2018, all day in the Chapel
An afternoon of finding God in nature. Come to find peace, beauty, and wisdom in nature. There will be time for exploring outside and encountering nature as well as time for reflection and prayer. Please sign up on the board in the cafeteria.
“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." Job 12: 7-10
- November 15, 2017, 3 to 5 p.m.
- April 24, 2018, 3 to 5 p.m.