Mission & Ministry Deadlines & Information
Upcoming in Mission & Ministry:
Stop by any time of the day -- for as long as you have -- to relax, color, & pray.
Pet A Puppy!
Join Mission & Ministry after school on 5/22 for some quality time with trained companion dogs. It will be a great opportunity to unwind!
Freshman Retreat Leaders
- Click here for the application to lead - due 5/21 at 3pm.
- Retreat Date: August 30, 2018
- Who: Sophomores may apply! (Class of 2020).
Chicago Immersion Trip
- Click here for the application to participate - due 5/18 at 3pm.
- Trip Date: September 19-21, 2018
- Who: Sophomores and Juniors may apply! (Class of 2020 and 2019).
- Recording Your Service Hours
- Frequently Asked Questions about Service Hours
- Applications & Interest Forms
- Permission Form
1. Go to vjm.strataapps.com.
2. To begin click "new registration" and enter your info. Your student number is the same you would use for Grade Connect -- except without the "VJ". For example: 2009123. Your password must include a special character, please write down your password to remember it!
3. After this, you’ll be directed to your student portal. To report new service through the site you’ll click the "add service" button and fill in the information about your service.
4. At this point you’ll be able to see the status of either pending, denied or approved. If your service is not with Ms. Hall or Mrs. McCarthy you will need to submit a photo for verification or get a signature from your supervisor.
5. To submit a verification picture, there is a button on every "new service" that says "upload image". The photo must be of the place you served, with clear identifying features! The signature form is right here (please cut and only turn in one!) or you can pick one up from outside Ms. Hall's office.
All hours MUST be logged at vjm.strataapps.com
- I turned in paper forms, why do I not have enough hours?
- Service hours are ONLY being tracked this year through vjm.strataapps.com, if they are not on that website, Mrs. McCarthy and Ms. Hall will NOT see them and you will not get credit. Please log them on the website as soon as possible.
- I logged my hours, why are you saying they aren’t on the website?
- Please log into your account and make sure your hours are not “saved as a draft.” They cannot be approved until you click the button that says “submit for approval.” Please do this as soon as possible.
- I forgot my password, what do I do?
- Please click the “forgot password button”!
- When I try to log in it doesn’t work, what do I do?
- Remember that your username is NOT your email address. It is a username that you created when you registered for this account. If you cannot remember it, email Mrs. McCarthy or Ms. Hall and they can look it up for you.
- If I turned in the paper in the fall, do I get credit for those hours?
- YES, but only as long as they are also logged online. There is no penalty this year for logging them delayed on the website.
- Why does it say I’m a freshman on the website?
- When you registered for your account, you made that selection. Please log in and change your year in your profile to reflect the grade you are actually in this year.
- How many service hours do I have so far?
- That’s the great thing about the website! You can log in and check for yourself.
- What is my student number?
- It’s something like VJ2009123, when you enter it on the website, drop the “VJ” and just use the numbers.
Chicago Immersion Application (April 16-18, 2017)
Chicago Student Leader Application (must have previously traveled to Chicago with M&M)
Haiti Immersion Application (July or August 2018 - rising Seniors only)
The Office of Mission & Ministry now uses FamilyID for its permission form. Please click the "FamilyID" button below to register and complete the information requested for any service opportunity with Mission & Ministry.
For Junior Retreat, please fill out this specific FamilyID.