Dr. Karen Kenkel, President Lauren Carr '00, Principal
May 13, 2022
The Villa Joseph Marie Parents' Guild Executive Board is holding our annual elections process and we are looking for candidates to join our team. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please use the following link for more information on the positions, and to submit your nomination: www.vjmhs.org/parents/parentsguild Nominations are being requested by May 23, 2022.
As we prepare for the end of this school year, efforts are already underway to begin planning events for this fall! We are especially excited to host Monte Carlo Night on Saturday, September 17, 2022. Save the date for this beef & beer at Villa to kick off the school year with fun and fundraising for our Jems.
Day 3 & Choice Advisory
- AP Exams:
- 8:00am: Music Theory
- 12:00pm: Latin
- LACROSSE vs. Nazareth Academy HS - HOME
- SOFTBALL vs. Nazareth Academy - HOME
- Varsity 3:00pm
- Senior Night
- Day 4 & Choice Advisory
- NEHS meeting, Room 308
- NPFH meeting, Rom 128
- Pro-Life Club meeting
- Service, Mission & Ministry
- Math team meeting, 7:00am, PAC
- Choir Rehearsal, 3:00pm, PAC
- Incoming Freshman Prayer Service, 7:00pm, PAC
- SOFTBALL vs. Council Rock South - HOME
- Day 6-3 & Regular Advisory/Prayer Service
- SOFTBALL vs. Truman HS - AWAY (Depart 2:00pm)
Day 1 & Regular Advisory
- Campus Store: 11:00am-1:15pm *Stock up on Villa gear for the summer, because today is the LAST DAY that the store will be open this school year.*
- SOFTBALL vs. Nazareth Academy HS - AWAY (Depart 2:15pm)
- Day 2
- Senior Exams
- Spring Spirit Day,12:30-3:00pm
- ROWING - Stotesbury Cup Prelims, Philadelphia, PA - AWAY
- TRACK - District One Championship at Coatesville HS - AWAY
ROWING - Stotesbury Cup Finals, Philadelphia, PA - AWAY
TRACK - District One Championship at Coatesville HS - AWAY
Reminder for Senior Parents:
- Senior calendar and graduation information: Click here
Looking for an engaging STEM opportunity this summer?
Attend Widener Engineering's Summer Camp for HS Students!
Camp Dates: July 18-21, 2022 from 9:00am-4:00pm
Registration: Required, The deadline for registration is July 6.
Camp Registration Fees: $400 with early bird registration until June 15, 2022. After June 15, 2022: $450
What to Expect: Interactive sessions led by engineering faculty, Hands-on activities, Computer activities using software relevant to engineering, Demonstrations of engineering principles, Activities will represent biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, and robotics engineering
Hands-on Activities: The camp will consist of labs from Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Robotics Engineering — Launching Bottle Rockets, Engineering measurements with Arduino, Concrete Mix Design, Design and testing of truss structures, West Point Bridge Design, Fixing Broken Bones, Water Purification by Photocatalysis, Making Polyurethane Foam, Balloon Cars, Water on Soil Testing, Controlling Robots
Register here: https://ugadmissions.widener.edu/register/info_ENG_summercamp_22
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Juniors, Seniors, and Alumnae: You're invited to attend the "Come and See" Retreat this month at the Sisters of Christian Charity Motherhouse. See the flyer for more details.
Always more, Always better, Always with Love
Contact Erica Franzzo '03 at email@example.com with questions, feedback, or additions for this weekly email. Thanks for reading! Past editions of Calendar/This Week at Villa can be viewed here. Past editions of the Alumnae Newsletter can be viewed here.