School traditions are a big part of life at Villa Joseph Marie. Special events are held during the school year to reinforce the bonds that make all Villa girls sisters, creating friendships and memories that last a lifetime.
Some of our student-oriented traditions include:
- Big Sister-Little Sister Program: A Junior and incoming Freshman are paired up to provide the new Villa girl with a friendly face as she joins the Villa Family.
- Halloween Parade: Held on or around Halloween, this fun day gives every homeroom a chance to show their !
- Fall and Spring Spirit Days: The Fall Spirit Day, held in September, gets the year off to a spirited start, and the Spring Spirit Day, with water slides, summer treats, music, and other activities, ends the year on a fun note!
- Thanksgiving Feast: On the last day of school before Thanksgiving Break, the entire Villa community gathers in the gym for a huge Thanksgiving Feast with all the trimmings.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Day: Dressing up in our wackiest Christmas gear to celebrate the holidays!
- Ski Trip: This fun day at Jack Frost Mountain takes place every year during Christmas Break.
- Spirit Week: During Catholic Schools Week, at the end of January, every day has a different fun theme, like Tomboys & Tiaras or Jem Generation.
- Winter Formal: The Winter Formal is the first opportunity for students to step out in style, with or without a date, for dinner and dancing.
- Chicks with Sticks: The ultimate hockey challenge for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors, sponsored by the Student Council.
- Talent Showcase: Villa girls let their talents shine at the Annual Talent Showcase, held in February or March, and usually paired with the National Honor Society's Spaghetti Dinner.
- New York City Trip: This annual outing gives students a chance to enjoy theater, dining, and shopping with their friends in NYC!
- Junior/Senior Prom: The social event of the year for our Juniors and Seniors!
- Senior Class Disney Trip: A chance to spend a magical weekend with your fellow Seniors, just before graduation.
Family-oriented traditions include:
- Welcome Prayer Service for Incoming Freshmen: The first opportunity for incoming Freshmen to gather with their families and new classmates for a very special prayer service, in which they are introduced to their Big Sisters.
- Mother-Daughter Tea: A Parents' Guild-sponsored event for Villa girls, their moms, and other important ladies in their lives.
- Father-Daughter Dance: Villa dads escort their "little girls" to this sentimental dinner dance, sponsored by Student Council.
- Ring Day: The "big day" for Juniors—when they receive their class rings at the Ring Mass, then celebrate at a luncheon with their family and friends.
- Baccalaureate Dinner and Award Ceremony: Hosted by the Parents' Guild, this event brings the graduating class and their families together for an honorary dinner just before graduation.