Members of the National English Honor Society spread Christmas cheer in the form of "Blind Dates" with a Book!
Information about becoming a member of the National English Honor Society is located in the documents below.
NEHS Membership Bylaws (updated November 2021)
National English Honor Society Surveys
Any CURRENT SOPHOMORE OR JUNIOR who is interested in joining the National English Honor Society in the second semester of the 2022 - 2023 school year should fill out a survey found on the student body page (linked to this announcement). You can also email Ms. Heuckroth for a survey at email@example.com or come see her in Room 309. Additionally, all surveys will be available on the NEHS page of Villa’s website.
We currently meet the once per month during Advisory.
Students in ALL LEVELS of English are eligible to fill out a survey. Some of the minimum requirements for the Honor Society include:
1) An English cumulative GPA of an A- or higher.
2) A Cumulative Overall GPA of a B or higher.
3) At least one year of participation in an English related club (see the full list on the survey) and current membership in an English related club.
4) An Essay
5) Current English Teacher’s Recommendation
6) $20 one time dues
7) Good Academic and Behavioral Standing
All interested students should fill out a survey as full and honorary memberships are available.
All surveys/applications should be filled out completely and brought to Ms. Heuckroth in room 309 by Friday, February 10 at 3:00 pm.