Competing as a Jem
At Villa, we welcome students of all skill levels to participate in athletics to promote good health and fitness, build the kind of friendships that come from working as a team, and experience the pride of competing as a Jem. In order to participate in Villa Athletics, student athletes and their parents have several responsibilities. Please click on the tabs below for more information about the steps you need to take. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Athletics Office staff, at right.
COMING SOON: Current Villa students, please click here for more information about current meeting and testing deadlines for winter sports.
Season Start Dates 2018-2019
Winter: Friday, November 16, 2018
Spring: Monday, March 4, 2018
Season Start Dates 2019-2020
Fall: Monday, August 12, 2019
Winter: Monday, November 18, 2019
Spring: Monday, March 2, 2020
- Step-by-Step Process
- Athletics Handbook
- PIAA Forms
- Athletics Fee Form
- Fall 2018 Deadlines
The following steps are required for registration and eligibility for participation in Villa Athletics:
- Student athletes and their parents must read and sign the Athletics Handbook.
- Student athletes must register on FamilyID (all required fields).
- Student athletes must complete the PIAA CIPPE (either SECTION 6, SECTION 7 , OR SECTION 8) forms. You will need to upload the appropriate completed form to FamilyID.
- Student athletes must pay an Athletics Fee of $300 per sport ($350 for swimming; $900 for fall rowing and $1250 for spring rowing).
- Student athletes must receive an ImPACT Baseline Test (once per year for the athlete, but prior to the first sport being played.)*
- Student athletes must attend an athletics and concussion education presentation (once per year for the athlete, but prior to the first sport being played).*
- Parents of student athletes must attend an athletics and concussion education presentation (one time for the parent/guardian, but before the start of your daughter's first athletic season).*
All Villa student athletes and their parents must sign the Athletics Handbook agreement form via FamilyID for the 2017-2018 school year by the first scrimmage or contest of their respective sport.
Click here to view the Athletics Handbook for the 2018-2019 school year.
Villa uses FamilyID to offer our families the convenience of online athletics registration and surveying. FamilyID (FamilyID.com) is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Your completed PIAA CIPPE form (see the PIAA Forms tab below)
- Insurance information for the prospective athlete
A parent/guardian should register by clicking here:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Sign Up/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Sign Up. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at email@example.com or 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days per week, and messages will be returned promptly.
All students who wish to participate in Villa Athletics must submit SECTION 6 of the PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) from the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA). No prospective student athlete may participate in tryouts, practices, or contests until the proper CIPPE form is completed and handed in. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
- Please note that the PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Evaluation forms are NOT the same forms as those required for all new students entering Villa.
- SECTION 6 must be completed by an Authorized Medical Examiner (AME).
- SECTION 6 of the CIPPE evaluation must be conducted and dated on or after June 1 (immediately preceding the current school year) in order for the evaluation to be deemed valid by the PIAA.
- The SECTION 6 form must be the most up-to-date version (Revised: March 22, 2017). A link to the correct/acceptable form is below.
- SECTION 6 is for athletes who have not yet participated in Villa Athletics during the current school year.
- SECTION 7 is the parent re-certification for those who have already participated in Villa Athletics during the current school year.
- SECTION 8 must be completed for any student who required medical treatment from a licensed physician of medicine or osteopathic medicine after previously turning in her SECTION 6 form.
To print the documents, please click on the desired link below:
CIPPE SECTION 7 (Only for Winter or Spring seasons, if you participated in a Fall sport.)
CIPPE SECTION 8 (Only for Winter or Spring seasons, if you sustained an injury or serious illness that required medical attention. It must be submitted with SECTION 7.)
ImPACT: Immediate Post-concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing
The Comprehensive Concussion Education Program Team is dedicated to educate our student athletes, parents, and coaches on the most current concussion information that is available, to make smarter, safer, return-to-play decisions. Baseline testing can be a helpful tool to assist a healthcare provider with diagnosing a concussion and determining a safe return to play.
With these two concepts in mind, the Team is made up of members of the medical, educational, and athletic communities. The core of the Team is to be the certified Athletic Trainer, who also is the on-site coordinator; the Trauma Prevention Coordinator of the local hospital; and a member of the local BrainSTEPS Team. Together the core of the Team will enlist the help of other professionals to provide the most current concussion education and the most clinically reliable baseline testing possible.
MAKE-UP Concussion Education and Athletics Orientation Presentation AND/OR ImPACT testing: For those who need to fulfill one or both of these requirements for eligibility for fall athletics, a make up session will be offered on Monday, 8/13, at 12pm in the Lirbary. Please be aware that athletes will not be able to physically participate in tryouts/practices until these requirements are fulfilled; they should, however, still attend tryouts/practice until they are deemed eligible.
All FALL sports tryouts/practices begin Monday, August 13, 2018. All prospective FALL student athletes must:
- On the FamilyID portal, select “Villa Joseph Marie High School 2018 Fall Registration”
- The registration period opens after July 10, 2018.
2. Complete SECTION 6 of the PIAA “Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation” (CIPPE) form AND upload into FamilyID no later than Wednesday, August 8, 2018.
- Obtain the current PIAA CIPPE form
- Please note:
- SECTION 6 must be completed by an Authorized Medical Examiner (AME).
- The SECTION 6 form must be the most up-to-date version (Revised: March 22, 2017).
- SECTION 6 certification date must be listed as on or after June 1, 2018.
- No hard copies of these forms will be accepted—you MUST upload the completed SECTION 6 form into FamilyID.
- No prospective student-athlete may participate in tryouts/practices/contests until this form is completed and uploaded into FamilyID—NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
- Option 1:No longer available
- Option 2: Wednesday, August 8 at 4:00pm at Council Rock North High School Auditorium*
- UPDATE: For those unable to attend the 8/8 presentation and/or still need to take the ImPACT test, both will be offered on 8/13 in the afternoon (specific time yet TBD). Please be aware that athletes will not be able to physically participate in tryouts/practices until these requirements are fulfilled.
- No prospective student-athlete may participate in tryouts/practices/contests until this presentation is viewed—NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
- Option 1: Tuesday, June 5 at 6:30pm at Council Rock North High School Auditorium
- Option 2: Wednesday, August 8 at 4:00pm at Council Rock North High School Auditorium
- No prospective student-athlete may participate in scrimmages/contests before this presentation has been viewed by a parent/guardian—NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
- **NEW: All incoming Freshman parent(s), parent(s) of transfers, and parent(s) of current Villa students who have not previously participated in Villa Athletics.
- Parents who have attended this presentation at VJM previously need not attend.
- UPDATE: Make-up ImPACT testing will be offered on 8/13 in the afternoon (specific time yet TBD). Please be aware that athletes will not be able to physically participate in tryouts/practices until this requirement are fulfilled.
6. Pay an athletics fee in the amount of $300 ($900 for fall rowing).
- Go to the Athletics Fee Form tab above to submit online by August 8, 2018.
- Refunds will be issued if your daughter does not make a team or if she decides not to play prior to the first official contest.
For Fall sport coaches’ names and contact information, please click here.Please visit the Athletics Info page periodically for any announcements, for information pertaining to the winter and spring sports’ seasons, and coaches’ contact information.
FOR SCHEDULING ISSUES:
Please email our Scheduling Coordinator, Marissa Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING FAMILYID, ImPACT TESTING, PIAA CIPPE FORMS, AND GENERAL FALL SPORT INQUIRIES:
Please refer to the information listed under the tabs above.