Wall of Fame
In its over 85-year history, Villa Joseph Marie has been blessed by the presence of countless remarkable people, who by their hard work and dedication to the Mission of Mother Maria Kaupas, helped Villa become the amazing place it is today. With the introduction of a Wall of Fame, we as a community will give special honor to individuals whose commitment and service to the students of Villa Joseph Marie was particularly extraordinary, or to Alumnae whose personal and professional lives exemplify Mother Maria’s challenge: “Always more, Always better, Always with love.”
- Induction Ceremony
- 2021 Inductee: Sr. Elizabeth Ann Yocius, SSC
- 2021 Inductee: Thomas Reardon
- Submit Your Nomination
- Criteria for Nomination to the Wall of Fame
- Nomination & Selection Process
- Selection Committee
- Past Inductees
Sister Elizabeth Ann has been involved in the ministry of education for 40 years. More than half of those years were spent teaching high school girls, which began when she taught Theology, Algebra, Foods, and Sewing at Villa from 1983 to 1992. Sister Elizabeth Ann was also the Theology Department Chair and Moderator of the Freshman and Junior Classes (at different times), Student Council, and CSC. Sister began the Maria Holy-Cross Hospital Volunteer Program which involved 100 students each year and in 9 years, volunteered over 46,000 hours. She has been named to Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, inducted into the Maria High School Alumnae Hall of Fame, and received the Archdiocese of Chicago Heart of the School Award for the Arts. She has fulfilled her dream of working with infants by volunteering over 500 hours in the newborn nursery at Holy Cross Hospital, taking photos of the newborns and rocking babies that were born addicted to cocaine. She currently serves on the Leadership Team of the Sisters of St. Casimir, VJM Board, and VJM Mission Committee.
Karen Garvey Danner ’93
Dr. Carla T. Altomare, PhD, CCP ’93
Stephanie McCarthy, Villa’s Director of Mission and Ministry
Amy Dawson Diesel ’90
Jennifer Bahm Becker ’89
Jennifer Tomlinson Forman ’93
Allison Raymond Krefetz ’89
Mike Bolognese, former Villa Theology teacher
Amy Techtmann Pasqua ’00
Reneé Konopka Marshall ’00
- Nominee must be a Sister of St. Casimir; a lay member of the Villa Joseph Marie Faculty, Staff, Administration, or Board; or an Alumna of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominee may not be a current student or employee of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, or Administration must be retired, no longer working at Villa Joseph Marie, or deceased.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, or Administration must have worked at Villa Joseph Marie for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Alumnae nominees must have graduated in good standing from Villa Joseph Marie a minimum of five (5) years prior to nomination.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominee must model high standards of excellence in his/her personal and professional conduct that exemplify the Mission of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, Administration, or Board must have made significant contributions to the growth and development of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Alumnae nominees must have made noteworthy contributions in their chosen field or in any appropriate areas of endeavor, including religion, education, public service, medicine, law, research, business/entrepreneurial, finance, media, arts/entertainment, philanthropy/volunteerism, military service, athletics, etc.
- Any member of the Villa Joseph Marie community—current and former students, staff, parents, and friends—may nominate a candidate for the Wall of Fame.
- A Nomination Form will be posted online. Only nominations submitted via this form will be accepted. If you wish, you may print out the form and forward to: VJM Wall of Fame, Villa Joseph Marie High School, 1180 Holland Road, Holland, PA 18966.
- Nominations are due by May 1 in any given year.
- Up to three (3) Wall of Fame Members will be chosen by the Selection Committee from the pool of nominations submitted each year, with the exception of the inaugural year (2014), in which 10 members were named.
- All nominations will be considered by the Selection Committee and judged according to the criteria outlined above. The Selection Committee reserves the right to name more than three (3) Wall of Fame inductees in a given year or to name no inductees in a given year, based on the quality of the nominations.
- If a nominee is not elected to the Wall of Fame for a particular year, that nominee may be resubmitted in following years.
- The nominations and nominee identities shall be held in confidence by the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee will announce its selection(s) in The Profiler, on the Villa Joseph Marie website, and on social media.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
The Wall of Fame Selection Committee is comprised of eight members and all previous Wall of Fame inductees, who are charged with the administration of the program, the review of nominations, the selection of inductees, and the recognition of inductees. Members are:
- Wall of Fame Committee Chair
- 3 current Villa Faculty/Staff members (employed by Villa for at least 5 years)
- 3 Villa Alumnae
- Past Villa Wall of Fame inductees
Inductees are invited to attend future Wall of Fame ceremonies and other Villa events. Inductees’ photos and name plates are added to a Wall of Fame display at Villa Joseph Marie.
Sister Margaret Petcavage, SSC '52, former Member of Villa Joseph Marie’s Board of Directors and Former Assistant General Superior and Councilor for the Sisters of St. Casimir
Marie Politowski, teacher in Villa’s Science Department from 1990-2012 and served as Science Department Chair
Sr. Johanna Marie Shainauskas, SSC, Spanish & Music Teacher 1977-1988
Maureen Cleary, Admissions Director & Director of Institutional Advancement, 2000-2015
Mary T. Michel, First President of Villa Joseph Marie, 1993-2015
Lizanne McBride '74, Government/Public Policy
- Rev. Casimir P. Sirvaitis, Ph.D., Chaplain/Theology Department Chair, 1959-1972
- Aileen Kevane Alexander '94, Government/Public Policy
- Sr. Agnesine Dering, SSC, Ph.D., Principal, 1955-1961
- Sr. M. Elaine Kuizinas, SSC, Principal, 1982-2001
- Marie Leonard, Latin Teacher, 1991-2009
- Sr. Margaret Zalot, SSC '67, Board of Directors; Former President, Maria High School (Chicago, Ill.)
- Dr. Amy Reed, M.D., Ph.D. '91, Physician
- Sr. Reginald Tamulevich, SSC, Music Teacher, 1964-1970
- Lois Tyburski, Science Teacher & Department Chair, 1994-2014
- Venerable Mother Maria Kaupas, SSC, Foundress of the Sisters of St. Casimir and Villa Joseph Marie
- Sr. Mary Balkus, SSC, Principal, 1967-1976
- Sr. Madeleine Bunevicius, SSC '45, Art Teacher & Department Chair, 1968-1994
- Sr. Bernadette Marie Janus, SSC '52, Board of Directors; Former Principal, St. Bede the Venerable School (Holland, Pa.)
- Lucy Carroll, Registrar/Typing Teacher, 1962-1977
- Nancy Coyle, Basketball Coach/Physical Education & Health Teacher, 1969-1978
- Norma McCauley, Science Teacher, 1973-1989
- Edward O’Connor, Theology Teacher, 2001-2010
- Margaret “Peg” O’Neil Schenk '60, Journalist/Villa Joseph Marie Historian
- Dr. Lucy E. Carroll '64, D.M.A., Musician, Music Instructor & Author