Wall of Fame
In its 90-year history, Villa Joseph Marie has been blessed by the presence of countless remarkable people, who by their hard work and dedication to the Mission of Mother Maria Kaupas, helped Villa become the amazing place it is today. With the introduction of a Wall of Fame, we as a community will give special honor to individuals whose commitment and service to the students of Villa Joseph Marie was particularly extraordinary or to Alumnae whose personal and professional lives exemplify Mother Maria’s challenge: “Always more, Always better, Always with love.”
2022 Inductee: Sr. Regina Marie Dubickas
Maria and we were blessed to have spent time with Sister Regina at the Motherhouse in Chicago, walk the Legacy Space of Mother Maria Kaupas and pray with the residents in Lamont.
Our Maria joined Mother Maria in heaven on October 8,2020.
In December 2021, my husband and I visited Sister Regina in Chicago. Sister Regina shared with us her closeness to our Maria, praying to her daily, being joined, through her suffering in a very special way.
Today, as you gather to celebrate the life and legacy of Sister Regina, who accomplished much on earth, may you also recognize her greatest achievement accomplished through faith and perseverance with an unshakable trust in our Lord. May her light continue to shine in the hallways of Villa and in each of your hearts this evening.
In thanksgiving for Sister Regina Marie Dubickas.
Sister Grace Surdovel, IHM
Sister Ellen Maroney, IHM
2022 Induction Ceremony: Sr. Regina Marie Dubickas
- Past Inductees
- Submit Your Nomination
- Criteria for Nomination to the Wall of Fame
- Nomination & Selection Process
- Selection Committee
Inductees are invited to attend future Wall of Fame ceremonies and other Villa events. Inductees’ photos and name plates are added to a Wall of Fame display at Villa Joseph Marie.
Sister Elizabeth Ann Yocius, SSC, Theology Teacher & Department Chair (1983-1992), Member of Villa Joseph Marie Board of Directors & Leadership Team of the Sisters of St. Casimir
Thomas Reardon, Physics Teacher (1997-2004)
Sister Margaret Petcavage, SSC '52, former Member of Villa Joseph Marie’s Board of Directors and Former Assistant General Superior and Councilor for the Sisters of St. Casimir
Marie Politowski, Teacher in Villa’s Science Department (1990-2012) and served as Science Department Chair
Sr. Johanna Marie Shainauskas, SSC, Spanish & Music Teacher (1977-1988)
Maureen Cleary, Admissions Director & Director of Institutional Advancement (2000-2015)
Mary T. Michel, First President of Villa Joseph Marie (1993-2015)
Lizanne McBride '74, Government/Public Policy
- Rev. Casimir P. Sirvaitis, Ph.D., Chaplain/Theology Department Chair (1959-1972)
- Aileen Kevane Alexander '94, Government/Public Policy
- Sr. Agnesine Dering, SSC, Ph.D., Principal (1955-1961)
- Sr. M. Elaine Kuizinas, SSC, Principal (1982-2001)
- Marie Leonard, Latin Teacher (1991-2009)
- Sr. Margaret Zalot, SSC '67, Board of Directors; Former President, Maria High School (Chicago, Ill.)
- Dr. Amy Reed, M.D., Ph.D. '91, Physician
- Sr. Reginald Tamulevich, SSC, Music Teacher (1964-1970)
- Lois Tyburski, Science Teacher & Department Chair (1994-2014)
- Venerable Mother Maria Kaupas, SSC, Foundress of the Sisters of St. Casimir and Villa Joseph Marie
- Sr. Mary Balkus, SSC, Principal (1967-1976)
- Sr. Madeleine Bunevicius, SSC '45, Art Teacher & Department Chair (1968-1994)
- Sr. Bernadette Marie Janus, SSC '52, Board of Directors; Former Principal, St. Bede the Venerable School (Holland, Pa.)
- Lucy Carroll, Registrar/Typing Teacher (1962-1977)
- Nancy Coyle, Basketball Coach/Physical Education & Health Teacher (1969-1978)
- Norma McCauley, Science Teacher (1973-1989)
- Edward O’Connor, Theology Teacher (2001-2010)
- Margaret “Peg” O’Neil Schenk '60, Journalist/Villa Joseph Marie Historian
- Dr. Lucy E. Carroll '64, D.M.A., Musician, Music Instructor & Author
Submit Your Nomination
Criteria for Nomination to the Wall of Fame
- Nominee must be a Sister of St. Casimir; a lay member of the Villa Joseph Marie Faculty, Staff, Administration, or Board; or an Alumna of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominee may not be a current student or employee of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, or Administration must be retired, no longer working at Villa Joseph Marie, or deceased.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, or Administration must have worked at Villa Joseph Marie for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Alumnae nominees must have graduated in good standing from Villa Joseph Marie a minimum of five (5) years prior to nomination.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominee must model high standards of excellence in his/her personal and professional conduct that exemplify the Mission of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, Administration, or Board must have made significant contributions to the growth and development of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Alumnae nominees must have made noteworthy contributions in their chosen field or in any appropriate areas of endeavor, including religion, education, public service, medicine, law, research, business/entrepreneurial, finance, media, arts/entertainment, philanthropy/volunteerism, military service, athletics, etc.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Any member of the Villa Joseph Marie community—current and former students, staff, parents, and friends—may nominate a candidate for the Wall of Fame.
- A Nomination Form will be posted online. Only nominations submitted via this form will be accepted. If you wish, you may print out the form and forward to: VJM Wall of Fame, Villa Joseph Marie High School, 1180 Holland Road, Holland, PA 18966.
- Up to three (3) Wall of Fame Members will be chosen by the Selection Committee from the pool of nominations submitted each year, with the exception of the inaugural year (2014), in which 10 members were named.
- All nominations will be considered by the Selection Committee and judged according to the criteria outlined above. The Selection Committee reserves the right to name more than three (3) Wall of Fame inductees in a given year or to name no inductees in a given year, based on the quality of the nominations.
- If a nominee is not elected to the Wall of Fame for a particular year, that nominee may be resubmitted in following years, and past nominations may be considered for the current year's selection.
- The nominations and nominee identities shall be held in confidence by the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee will announce its selection(s) in The Profiler, on the Villa Joseph Marie website, and on social media.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
The Wall of Fame Selection Committee is comprised of 8-9 members and all previous Wall of Fame inductees, who are charged with the administration of the program, the review of nominations, the selection of inductees, and the recognition of inductees. Members are:
- Wall of Fame Committee Chair
- 3 current Villa Faculty/Staff members (employed by Villa for at least 5 years)
- 3 Villa Alumnae
- Past Villa Wall of Fame inductees