Wall of Fame
In its 85-year history, Villa Joseph Marie has been blessed by the presence of countless remarkable people, who by their hard work and dedication to the Mission of Mother Maria Kaupas, helped Villa become the amazing place it is today. With the introduction of a Wall of Fame, we as a community will give special honor to individuals whose commitment and service to the students of Villa Joseph Marie was particularly extraordinary, or to Alumnae whose personal and professional lives exemplify Mother Maria’s challenge: “Always more, Always better, Always with love.”
Save the Date for our 2019 Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Saturday, September 7, at 6 p.m. in the Villa Performing Arts Center. We are proud to announce that our 2019 inductees are Maureen Cleary and Sister Johanna Marie Shainauskas, SSC. Congratulations to two truly amazing women!
We welcome your personal tributes! If you have a reflection to share about Maureen Cleary or Sister Johanna Marie Shainauskas, SSC, please do so when you RSVP to the event below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Wall of Fame.
- RSVP to the Induction Ceremony
- Criteria for Nomination to the Wall of Fame
- Nomination Form 2019
- Selection Committee
- Nomination & Selection Process
- Past Inductees
An induction ceremony, hosted by the Selection Committee, will be held annually in the fall. Inductees and their families are invited to attend the ceremony, along with the Villa Joseph Marie community.
Registration for the 2019 Wall of Fame event is now closed. If are you are still interested in attending, please email Mary Beth Walinskas at email@example.com.
- Nominee must be a Sister of St. Casimir; a lay member of the Villa Joseph Marie Faculty, Staff, Administration, or Board; or an Alumna of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominee may not be a current student or employee of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, or Administration must be retired, no longer working at Villa Joseph Marie, or deceased.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, or Administration must have worked at Villa Joseph Marie for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Alumnae nominees must have graduated in good standing from Villa Joseph Marie a minimum of five (5) years prior to nomination.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominee must model high standards of excellence in his/her personal and professional conduct that exemplify the Mission of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Nominees from the Faculty, Staff, Administration, or Board must have made significant contributions to the growth and development of Villa Joseph Marie.
- Alumnae nominees must have made noteworthy contributions in their chosen field or in any appropriate areas of endeavor, including religion, education, public service, medicine, law, research, business/entrepreneurial, finance, media, arts/entertainment, philanthropy/volunteerism, military service, athletics, etc.
The Wall of Fame Selection Committee is comprised of eight members and all previous Wall of Fame inductees, who are charged with the administration of the program, the review of nominations, the selection of inductees, and the recognition of inductees. Members are:
- Wall of Fame Committee Chair
- 3 current Villa Faculty/Staff members (employed by Villa for at least 5 years)
- 3 Villa Alumnae
- Past Villa Wall of Fame inductees
- Any member of the Villa Joseph Marie community—current and former students, staff, parents, and friends—may nominate a candidate for the Wall of Fame.
- A Nomination Form will be posted online and included in the Winter edition of The Profiler. Only nominations submitted via these forms will be accepted.
- Nominations are due by May 1 in any given year. Forms should be forwarded to: VJM Wall of Fame, Villa Joseph Marie High School, 1180 Holland Road, Holland, PA 18966
- Up to three (3) Wall of Fame Members will be chosen by the Selection Committee from the pool of nominations submitted each year, with the exception of the inaugural year (2014), in which 10 members will be named.
- All nominations will be considered by the Selection Committee and judged according to the criteria outlined above. The Selection Committee reserves the right to name more than three (3) Wall of Fame inductees in a given year or to name no inductees in a given year, based on the quality of the nominations.
- If a nominee is not elected to the Wall of Fame for a particular year, that nominee may be resubmitted in following years.
- The nominations and nominee identities shall be held in confidence by the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee will announce its selection(s) in The Profiler, on the Villa Joseph Marie website, and on social media.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Inductees are invited to attend future Wall of Fame ceremonies and other Villa events. Inductees’ photos and name plates are added to a Wall of Fame display at Villa Joseph Marie.
- Mary T. Michel, First President of Villa Joseph Marie, 1993-2015
- Lizanne McBride '74, Government/Public Policy
- Rev. Casimir P. Sirvaitis, Ph.D., Chaplain/Theology Department Chair, 1959-1972
- Aileen Kevane Alexander '94, Government/Public Policy
- Sr. Agnesine Dering, SSC, Ph.D., Principal, 1955-1961
- Sr. M. Elaine Kuizinas, SSC, Principal, 1982-2001
- Marie Leonard, Latin Teacher, 1991-2009
- Sr. Margaret Zalot, SSC '67, Board of Directors; Former President, Maria High School (Chicago, Ill.)
- Dr. Amy Reed, M.D., Ph.D. '91, Physician
- Sr. Reginald Tamulevich, SSC, Music Teacher, 1964-1970
- Lois Tyburski, Science Teacher & Department Chair, 1994-2014
- Venerable Mother Maria Kaupas, SSC, Foundress of the Sisters of St. Casimir and Villa Joseph Marie
- Sr. Mary Balkus, SSC, Principal, 1967-1976
- Sr. Madeleine Bunevicius, SSC '45, Art Teacher & Department Chair, 1968-1994
- Sr. Bernadette Marie Janus, SSC '52, Board of Directors; Former Principal, St. Bede the Venerable School (Holland, Pa.)
- Lucy Carroll, Registrar/Typing Teacher, 1962-1977
- Nancy Coyle, Basketball Coach/Physical Education & Health Teacher, 1969-1978
- Norma McCauley, Science Teacher, 1973-1989
- Edward O’Connor, Theology Teacher, 2001-2010
- Margaret “Peg” O’Neil Schenk '60, Journalist/Villa Joseph Marie Historian
- Dr. Lucy E. Carroll '64, D.M.A., Musician, Music Instructor & Author