Early Candidates Program
Villa Joseph Marie proudly offers a unique opportunity for students who demonstrate strong academic potential in their seventh-grade year—the Early Candidates Program. Applicants whose scores on Villa’s 7th Grade Practice Test are within the top 10 percent of test results are invited to participate. Participation is entirely optional, and the program should be entered into only by students who have carefully weighed their options and have a strong desire to attend Villa Joseph Marie.
Members of the Early Candidates Program are eligible to apply for the Early Candidates Scholarship and are invited to apply for admission, interview, and enroll early. All Early Candidates also are invited to Early Candidates Evening, a special presentation in October during which they can hear more about Villa’s academic programs, including Honors and AP offerings within each department.
Participation in the Early Candidates Program does not exempt students from Villa’s application process, and participants must take the 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam at Villa in order to qualify for Villa’s other scholarships. Applicants who decide not to apply for Early Admission will follow the prescribed traditional application process in the fall, and they waive the offer to apply for the Early Candidates Scholarship.
Early Admission Timeline for Early Candidates
- June 15, 2018: Early Candidates Program response card due
- July 9, 2018: Online Application for Admission, seventh-grade report card, and teacher recommendation due
- July 9–19, 2018: Early Candidates interviews (Re-scheduling is available to accommodate vacation and camp schedules.)
- July 19, 2018: 500-word essay due
- August 13, 2018: Notification to applicants of acceptance and scholarship (if applicable)
- September 10, 2018: Contracts and registration due
- October 16, 2018: Early Candidates Evening
- November 3, 2018: 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam (Make-up date, 11/6)
- November 13, 2018: Notification to applicants of additional scholarship received (if applicable)
For more information about the Early Candidates Program, please contact Bailey Gorman, Admissions Associate, at 215-357-8810, ext. 209, or firstname.lastname@example.org.