We are so happy to bring this event back with an in-person format! Please note that due to capacity restrictions and social distancing, this year's event will be invite-only, and 7th & 8th grade teams (no 6th grade) have been limited to 4 members, instead of 5 as in previous years.
- Friday, Nov. 6: "Shopping List" for the entire week of labs
- Monday, Nov. 9: Question 1 & Experiment 1 Challenge
- Tuesday, Nov. 10: Question 2 & Experiment 2 Challenge
- Wednesday, Nov. 11: Question 3 & Experiment 3 Challenge
- Thursday, Nov. 12: Question 4 & Experiment 4 Challenge
- Friday, Nov. 13: Question 5 & Experiment 5 Challenge
- Saturday, Nov. 13: Final submissions
- Monday, Nov. 16: Winners announced
Because of statewide health guidelines, Villa did not invite teams to campus in 2020 for our annual Sciathlon, but we did host the event virtually. What you should know about the 2020 event:
- Eligible students: Girls in Grades 5-8 (But everyone is welcome to view the videos and participate on their own at home!)
- This will be an individual event. No teamwork is necessary.
- Villa will utilize our Instagram [@villajosephmarie] and Facebook [www.facebook.com/villa.j.marie] to post a "Question of the Day" and a video experiment each afternoon that you can do right at home. Then, video yourself answering the "Question of the Day" and recreating the experiment. Post the video to your Instagram (must be public) or Facebook account — or your school can post the videos to their social media account; just be sure they include your name — with the hashtag #AlwaysVilla by midnight the following day. (Feel free to tag Villa too!) Or, if you prefer not to share your videos on social media, an upload link is provided below.
- Students will receive one raffle entry for each question they answer and experiment they perform. Five students will be chosen to receive a small prize ("Among Us" 3D-printed character, spinner pen) for each of the 5 days of the Sciathlon, and one grand prize (Villa sweatshirt & sweatpants, "Among Us" 3D-printed complete character line) will be awarded to a student that completes all 5 questions and 5 experiments.