Thomas A. Kardish is President of Villa Joseph Marie, having assumed the role on July 1, 2015, following the retirement of Villa's first President, Mary T. Michel.
Tom possesses an extensive and impressive array of experience in executive leadership, business development, finance, and marketing in corporate, non-profit, and entrepreneurial pursuits. As Villa enters a new phase in its history, his distinct strengths, skill sets, and connections are precisely those that are moving our beloved Villa Joseph Marie forward.
A few highlights from Tom's education and career include:
- Holy Ghost Preparatory School, Class of 1979
- AB, anthropology, Harvard University, magna cum laude
- MBA, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business
- Management-level positions at SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson/Merck Pharmaceuticals, and SEI Investments
- Senior executive positions at DiMark Pharmaceutical Marketing and The Trident Group
- Owner/CEO of Doylestown Lumber & Millwork, where he quadrupled the company’s revenue during his 17-year tenure
- Founded a relationship between Our Lady of Mount Carmel parish in Doylestown and St. Jude parish in Port au Prince, Haiti, to provide primary health care to the Delmas community. Helped raise funds to build a free-standing modern medical clinic which is today staffed with local nurses who provide follow-up care to community members to augment quarterly visits by U.S. practitioners. Ministry has grown to include clean water efforts in the community, roof top gardens (in conjunction with Delaware Valley College), a recycling center, primary school education program, and a trade school program.
- Trustee, Holy Ghost Preparatory School
- Past Chair, Marketing and Development and Facilities Committees, Morris Arboretum, University of Pennsylvania
- Advisor, Harvard i-Lab, Cambridge, Mass.
- Alumni Interviewer, Harvard College, Mid-Atlantic region
Most importantly, Tom is a family man of strong faith with deep connections to Catholic education and a desire to lead our community into an ambitious new era. He has embraced this challenge with passion and a sense of purpose, while enthusiastically living out the Mission of Villa Joseph Marie every day.