Students seeking acceptance to Villa Joseph Marie High School must complete the following steps to successfully complete the application process.
• Students planning to take the Entrance/Scholarship Examination at Villa must submit a completed Test Registration Form to Villa Joseph Marie by October 26, 2012. There is no fee to take the entrance exam at Villa Joseph Marie.
• Sign and submit the transcript request and teacher recommendation forms to your daughter's current grade school. The transcript must contain an official copy of the student's permanent record and all elementary school standardized test scores. The recommendation form must be completed by the student's teacher, principal, or guidance counselor and sent directly to Villa.
• Take the Entrance/Scholarship Examination at Villa on Saturday, November 3, 2012, from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Applicants may also take an entrance exam at another school and request to have scores sent to Villa. However, any student who does not take the test at Villa on November 3rd will not be considered for scholarships.
• Submit your completed Application by November 14, 2012.
• Qualified students will be granted an interview. An interview is mandatory for acceptance. No interviews will be granted until a candidate's file is complete. A completed file consists of the Application, test score results, official transcript, and recommendation.
Current eighth-graders are welcomed and strongly recommended (but not required) to spend a day at Villa Joseph Marie High School shadowing a current freshman. Appointments can be set up for these visits by calling the Admissions Office. Visitation days only occur from mid-September through mid-November, for eighth-graders only.
This is a wonderful opportunity to explore Villa and experience all that the school has to offer. Eighth-graders are welcomed to the school in the morning by their "buddies" for the day and guided through a full school day. This is truly the best way to understand the family atmosphere that makes Villa the special place it is.
To schedule a visitation day, please contact Mrs. Laura Lasky, Director of Admissions, at 215-357-8810, ext. 193.